Day 5: The Power of Meditation
On today’s podcast we take a break from the text of John to discuss why repetition in Bible reading will lead to spontaneous meditation and what that means for your life.
Stories: Pain and Joy
1) Why don’t the disciples get it? Why can’t they see what we see clearly with hindsight? John is pointing out in this passage the difficulty they had with understanding what Jesus was saying. He did this not to self-incriminate himself or others, or to make them look stupid, but to illustrate how hard it is to understand what God is telling […]
Stories: Persecution, Holy Spirit Continued
1) How could we fall away? Why do we need to know these things in advance?
2) It is better that Jesus goes away so the Holy Spirit will come – that’s a powerful testimony of the power and place of the Holy Spirit in our lives
3) Sin, righteousness and judgment – these three things are the main three things that cause […]
Stories: Contention with the world
1) Why do we get hated by the world just for following Jesus and doing His will? If the world loves us, does that mean we don’t belong to Jesus? John told us in chapter one that the people Jesus created to love Him chose not to – they rejected Him – because they loved darkness; sin. If they rejected Jesus, […]
Stories: Love One Another
1) What does it mean to bear fruit? Will we be cut off if we don’t produce fruit? What is the difference between pruning and cutting? How can we remain in Jesus?
2) What does it mean if we ask for what we want and it is not done? Does that mean that we are not in Jesus?
3) We are not servants of […]