Week 3: Acts 6-8
Starting in Acts 6, we will begin to see a dramatic shift in the life of the church. The methods that the apostles and the church begin to use to administer the responsibilities Jesus gave them will begin to take shape, leading to a dramatic acceleration of the Kingdom of God.
- Disciples were increasing
- Hellenistic Jews – Jews by birth and religion born outside of Israel
- The Acts 6 Shift: The choosing of the Seven
- Multiplication-what changed?
- Stephen’s conflict
- Stephen the preacher
- Teaching the teachers
- Stephen’s mysterious sermon
- Stephen’s forgiveness and vision
- Introduction of Saul (Paul)
- The church’s and the apostles’ response
- Lazy or obedient?
- Simon the sorcerer
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- The Ethiopian and Philip’s transportation