Day 4: John 6:1-24
Stories: Feeding the 5,000 & Walking on Water
1) Why did Jesus test Phillip?
2) Why would Andrew suggest using the boy’s loaves and fish to feed so many people?
3) Why did the people who witnessed this miracle think Jesus was “the Prophet”? Why not the messiah?
4) Why did Jesus walk on the water? What was the point of this?
5) Why did the boat immediately reach the shore when Jesus got in? Why doesn’t John give us any additional information about such amazing miracles?
Paradoxes: Why would the “King of Kings” withdraw and hide from the people so they couldn’t make Him king by force? This same John writes in Revelation that Jesus will sit on His throne in Jerusalem and rule the earth. What was wrong with this idea?