Week 6: Acts 15-17
Acts 15 begins with controversy. Paul and Barnabas find all their work from their missionary journey under scrutiny for its validity because men from Judea say that Gentiles must be circumcised to be Christians. This leads to the Council of Jerusalem and the greatest change and blessing in world history, especially if you’re a Gentile!
In today’s podcast, we’ll discuss:
- The controversy over circumcision (following the Law)
- It’s okay to disagree (in the right spirit)
- The meeting that changed everything: The Jerusalem Council
- The wisdom of council (counsel)
- The quoting of Amos 9:11
- Restrictions on Gentiles
- Application to Jews?
- Paul and Barnabas split
- Timothy joins and is circumcised
- Forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach?
- Luke silently joins the team in 16:10
- Miracles to beatings
- Why didn’t Paul flee like Peter?
- The jailer’s conversion
- Paul invokes his Roman citizenship
- Thessalonica vs. Berea
- Athens and the altar to the unknown god
- Read Eternity in Their Hearts by Don Richards
Sign Up For My Not Weekly Newsletter
I send out an irregular newsletter filled with encouraging content. Quick, concise and empowering for your walk with God.